Friday, September 2, 2016

September 2, 2016 - Intro

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/principal-teaches-every-class-in-school-1.11864830

Click on the link above for the inspiration for my year of guest teaching!

I saw this on social media and thought it was such a great idea.  I wanted to do it!  So here I am and I hope to blog each week about my adventures.

I want to guest teach for several reasons.  First, it is a great way to interact and meet all students.  I can see them in an academic setting and hopefully even work one on one with them.  I can see their daily struggles and triumphs.  I hope to have fun with them and learn with them.  And I want them to see me in a new and different way as well.  I am not an expert in every subject.  I'm afraid to go to Mr. Norton's algebra and geometry classes!  I don't know what I will do in art or industrial tech! And I barely speak any Spanish.  Students will be able to see me work hard and try to learn something new - just like them.

Second, I want to connect with our teachers and staff.  I know how hard they work each and every day.  I want teachers to know I believe that and recognize their efforts.  I also want to become more familiar with the curriculum in areas that are not my specialty.  I hope to work closely with teachers as they develop their lesson plans.

So, check this blog for weekly updates!  I hope to guest teach in my first classroom next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment