Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thankfulness Challenge!

I was challenged by Nick Proud, principal of Garner Elementary, to "Share your thankfulness about your school, district, or classroom."  So, here goes! 

Thanksgiving is November 24 this year, so as a tribute to that date here is my Top 24 list.  

I am Thankful for...

...the amazing teachers that provide excellent learning experiences for our students every day.

...the awesome support staff (from custodians to office workers) that make me smile every day.

...the caring paraeducators that work hard for little money or recognition for our most neediest students.

...the students that remind me every day why I love this job.

...the supportive PSTO that is always willing to help with whatever our staff needs.

...Bear and the kitchen staff for bringing us delicious cinnamon rolls!

...the ILT members and IDS coaches who are leading our PLC work and who made the conference a blast.

...the PBIS team that has been recognized as a Spotlight School by Grant Wood AEA.

...the outstanding Student Council that works hard each week to promote a cause and help others.

...other administrators that I can call upon for advice and guidance.

...our parents and families that support our work each and every day.

...all of my guest teaching experiences thus far that have been so fun!

...the light I see in a student's eyes when they finally get a concept that they have been struggling with.

...the caring nature of students who stop to help each other.

...dances and activities that help us see the other side of our students.

...the creativity I see in students during Makerspace time, art, and our other electives.

...the phenomenal music I hear each day out my door as the bands, choirs, and orchestras practice and perform.

...students who say thank you when they come in for snacks.

...being able to see the children of my friends and neighbors growing into strong, smart leaders at my school.

...the joy of students as they rush out the door for a much-needed Thanksgiving break!

...volunteers who come to mentor, tutor, and spend time with our students.

...all of our students and the diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and cultures that they bring.

...my own family and friends who support me as I work toward my goals.

...the chance to do the job I love each and every day.


TAKE THE CHALLENGE AND SHOW YOUR THANKFULLNESS

No comments:

Post a Comment